advice on setup please!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Phil View Drop Down

Musician: Drums
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Phil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: advice on setup please!
    Posted: Feb 24 2014 at 11:25am
Hi

Just wondered if anyone could give me some advice on a setup I'm trying to create. I'm a drummer and am hoping to get some guys together for a few jam nights at my place. Only problem is, I live in a fairly built up area and have had trouble with noise complaints in the past. 
I'm already using an electric kit and I know that guitars can be played through headphones also. Does anyone know, or could they recommend a way that we can all hear what the others are doing whilst still playing through headphones? 
I'm assuming this would mean some sort of central mixer/hub but, being somewhat amateur, have no idea of how I would set this up. 
Any advice would be very gratefully received. 

Cheers

Phil 
Sponsored Links

suprdave5150 View Drop Down
Band Member
Band Member

Band: TDC / Top Dead Center
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote suprdave5150 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 24 2014 at 3:37pm
   Yep, you'll need a mixing board and a headphone box. Mixer will need to be at least as many tracks needed to input and then the headphone box or mixer will have to have enough headphone outs to go to each musician and you'll need, of course, that many headphones as well. Have you considered renting a room somewhere? 
Original Music RULES!!! Evansville,In

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic