Today I'm revealing the formula that is used to calculate the band ranking. (the order in which the bands are listed on BandNut)
I do this in hopes that bands will know the effort that is put into this as I try to make it a fair system. Please don't use this to try to find a way to cheat the system.
Calculations are made once a day in the early A.M.
- New band second week temporary boost 40 pts
- Edited profile or added an event within the last 4 months 10-25 pts
- Has a band photo + 20 pts
- Has Media added + 10 pts
- About our band content length -(20)-20 pts
- Properly formatted band email +4
- City properly filled +2
- State properly filled +2
- music style filled +2
- Current events points for events posted within 15 days prior and 30 days future 20-90 pts
- Points for playing at popular venue 10-30 pts
- Friends(non-band) active in the forums within the last 30 days 10-20 pts
- average website refers a week since joined date or since '3/3/2008' which ever is the earlier date. 0-30 pts
- average hits a week since joined date or since '3/3/2008' which ever is the earlier date. 0-40 pts
BandRating = (UptodatePts)+(PhotoPts)+(MediaPts)+(ContentPts)+(EmailPts)+(CityPts)+(StatePts)+(MusicStylePts)+(CurrentEventsPts)+(PopularVenuePts)+(ActiveFriendsPts)+(linkReferPts)+(PageHitPts)
So if you have suggestions feel free to post.