Topic ClosedBandNut upgrade underway

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Mr. Bandnut View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Direct Link To This Post Topic: BandNut upgrade underway
    Posted: Apr 18 2007 at 2:20pm

I have been working on a large update to the BandNut web site. I will hope to make the changeover in the next few weeks. The over all look/style and basic navigation of the site will not change much, but it will will look a bit cleaner and be more optimized.

The functional upgrades will include:
  1. Upgrading to the latest version of the forums which provides Increased Performance, RSS Feeds, Sub Forums, and upgraded editor
  2. Upgrading band page layout with the information better organized
  3. Upgrading Calendar pages for Month, Week, and Year views for easier navigation for visitors finding events.
  4. Upgrading Adding of events for bands. "Auto suggest" feature that will fill in venue location as you type, and also "auto fill links" to quickly add events for venues you perform at most often.
  5. Upgrading Band Administration page for easier control over your band information with some newly added features.
  6. Upgrading Venues list to show the top venues from each state. IN, KY , IL with a new search to select state and city.
  7. Adding Venue detail page showing each venues details and upcoming events.
  8. Adding Terms of use, Privacy policy, and FAQ pages
There are several more small updates not listed but this will give you an idea of what is to come.

It won't be in this upgrade but I do plan on bringing the photos back later this year!

If you have any upgrade suggestions or if you have pet peeves about this site let me know while I'm in the process of upgrading. You can reply here or send me a p.m.

Sponsored Links

Mr. Bandnut View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 23 2007 at 6:36am
  Over 5,000 Indiana, Illinois, and Kentucky Bars/Clubs were added to the venues list this weekend. Venues now totaling 5,996.

Perhaps I should have added 4 more to make it a nice rounded number.
Upcoming improvements to the site will include a way to showcase the more active venues.
pinkfloodtide View Drop Down
Band Member
Band Member

Band: Pink Flood and the Magenta Tide
Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 26 2007 at 5:50am
   Looking good- thanks!

Edited by pinkfloodtide - Apr 26 2007 at 5:50am
Pink Flood and the Magenta Tide

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic