Topic ClosedBass Player Needed.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
41SOUTH ROCKS View Drop Down
Band Member
Band Member

Band: 41SOUTH
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bass Player Needed.
    Posted: Dec 24 2009 at 12:01pm
 hey Everyone

I'm looking for a Bass player who's into:
Southern Rock/Classic Rock New and old country and we also will be doing several originals.
This is the area of music we want to stay with  when we play a gig. 
Everyone must have there own equipment as well as transportation,and be able to practise the songs we will be doing. 

The reason I'm looking for a Bass player is because my Bass player has moved to playing acoustic and electric guitar and some vocals.This is my reason for looking for a Bass player.
I'm rebuilding my band"41SOUTH" so we can start gigging in 2010.
We would like to start auditioning next week.Talk to you later,Big Nick/41SOUTH. 
When a band plays covers and originals both. How can you have a bad night.The main thing is just be yourself and if the music is good for the people then its good enough for any place you play at.
Sponsored Links

STARRIDER View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 25 2009 at 8:10am
 Hey Nick, Just got freed up from a band. If your still lookin for a bass player..Dennis 618-263-2007
There's no limits!
Band Member
Band Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 26 2009 at 2:16pm
 Hey Dennis

I will call you today.
I just talked to a drummer before I read your reply.
Things are looking great so far in my search for good musicians for our band.
I want to get things going first thing in Jan 2010.I'm looking forward to meeting you soon.
Talk to you later,Big Nick/41SOUTH.
When a band plays covers and originals both. How can you have a bad night.The main thing is just be yourself and if the music is good for the people then its good enough for any place you play at.
inaband View Drop Down

Musician: Drums
Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 26 2009 at 4:21pm
 Dennis can play...!! He is a friend of mine.
2008 Gretsch Renown 6-pc, Gibraltar Rack, Zildjian, DW 5002 Double, Humes and Berg, 2008 Ludwig Vistalites, 1997 Corvette
Band Member
Band Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 26 2009 at 4:48pm
 hey

Thanks for saying that because I'm looking for musicians that have experiance .
I'm going to be contacting him very soon.Thanks ,Big Nick.
Band Member
Band Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 02 2010 at 9:35am
 Hey Dennis

If you have any problems getting here call me.
See you then.Big Nick.
Band Member
Band Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 09 2010 at 4:05pm
 Hey everyone
I have just auditioned the second bunch of musicians, and I'm now looking for other musicians to see what they have to offer as they audition for this band,I'm very much into Southern rock music /some classic rock and several originals .Now some day I would like to get to a point to just do originals for this band because thats what I really want to do with this band.
My new lead guitarist (Tim)likes the idea as well as a few other musicians that I have talked to or already have auditioned.I'm auditioning from 12 noon to 3:30pm saturdays on each of these auditions.I will say there is a lot of work to do so we will get to the point of gigging out ,But I do believe with the right musicians this can and will happen.I will work with anyone who wants to try out for my band.and if they sing lead vocals/back up vocals at times as well as playing an instrument that would work out great.I'm not looking for just a vocalist for my band .If they play an instument ,than that will work .My new lead guitarist did some lead vocals on some songs he wrote.He did that on my acoustic guitar and did a great job.

I want to say thank you to Dan and Jim for giving this a shot.Sorry that it wasn't for you,I do hope you the best on your search for the right band as you are looking to find that right kind of mix it takes to be a band.
I think your some good musicians. Were just into differant styles of music.
Thanks again.Big Nick/41SOUTH. 
Band Member
Band Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 16 2010 at 3:23pm
 Hey Dennis
I had a very good audition today ,
and now we have a new drummer/ALLEN/ to add to the new lead guitarist/Tim/ I got last week .
Both musicians did a great job ,we went over originals and some covers.I think this is the right mix of musicians for this band I will contact you back in two weeks.
Then all 4 of us will get together then.I will also be sending you a cd of the 10 original songs we will be recording very soon ,hopefully we can get all the recording done in a month .that will take care of our first 10 song cd as a band.I'm recording those 10 songs tomorrow and I will be sending them to you in the mail.
I just wanted to let you know whats happening with this band.Our new Drummer has a very powerful right foot on the bass drum and it sounds great with the SOUTHERN ROCK MUSIC that I play in this band.I can't wait till we all get together in two weeks to see what we all sound like .I bet it will be awesome.and yes I will have a big ass grin on my face knowing all the time this is what musici should sould like.
POWERFUL AND AGRESSIVE IN YOUR FACE SOUTHERN ROCK..Hell yes.
Now thats music I really love to rock out on and feeling great doing it.
Talk to you later.Big Nick/41SOUTH. 
Band Member
Band Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 16 2010 at 3:28pm
 Sorry about my screwed up spelling ,I hit the post button too soon before I corrected my spelling on this ,
I think you will still get the same idea.Rock on my friend 's and just have some fun.
                                                                                                      Big Nick/41SOUTH.
old rock View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 03 2010 at 2:57pm
  Hi,
  My name is Louie And I am a Bass Player looking for a band so if you are still looking you can call me at 812-890-7855
  I also sing and play guitar.
Louie D
Band Member
Band Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 03 2010 at 4:27pm
 hey Louie

How are you doing.
Are you good with driving here to evansville,Indiana from where you live to audition.
And if all goes good we will need to really get down to going over these original songs that we will be doing when we gig the tri-state area.I ask that question because thats one thing that seems to be a problem for me to find musicians. We will be doing lots of recording here at my studio.
I also want you to know that I'm very much into southern rock music .some new country is cool too as well as classic rock .But for no reason am I interested in any screamo /death metal/or /alt rock music.
Don't get me wrong ,I like some of that stuff but I just don't want to be playing that style of music with this band.
I just wanted to get that straight so everyone will understand what I'm looking for in a musician and the style of music I want this band to play.I'm very open to letting any musician all the freedom they will need as we go thru these originals.
I think that a band works better without some control freak barking orders at there band members,
I promiss you I'm not like that in any way,anyone who knows me can back me up on that.
I love music ,live and breath it everyday.I also play for several hours a day too because thats what I really enjoy doing as well as writing new original songs.
I would like to talk to you tonight sometime to see what we can come up with as far as when we can set up an audition so we both will see what we can do in this style of music.I will call you.
Thanks for your reply to this post.Big Nick/41SOUTH.
Band Member
Band Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 04 2010 at 3:43pm
 Hey Louie

It was great talking to you last night on the phone.
I have set up everything for us to get together here at my studio from 1pm to 3 or 4pm.
My old drummer from last year said he will help me out doing this.We will be doing some recording saturday.I will be recording it all on my Q3 zoom recorder so I can give everyone a copy so they can go over these when there at home practising.This will help everyone out on the start and stops in these songs.

I really thank Austin for doing this for me he's a good friend of mine.Let me know when you get this message as soon as you can so I will know were all on the right plan of action for saturday.
Talk to you later Big Nick/41SOUTH. 
Band Member
Band Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 25 2010 at 3:24pm
 Hey everyone

I'm still looking for a good bass player who's into southern rock and classic rock ,some new country is cool to.Call me at 812-909-0606 leave a message please and I will contact you asap.
Thank you .Big Nick/41SOUTH.
Band Member
Band Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 28 2010 at 7:59am
 hey Everyone
My former bass player to this band has agreed to come back as a fulltime bassist for my band.

So at this point I will stop looking for a bass player and Todd Lane is now our bass player/vocalist.

We had band practice yesterday and we went thru several songs and all of us thought that this sounds like the right mix of musicians for this band.I want to thank everyone who auditioned for this position .
To all the other bass players who I have been in contact with. I just have to say I hope you the best on your search for a band .I will be seeing everyone around in the very near future.we are going to really try very hard to be out and gigging by april like the second week is what were shooting for.Big Nick/41SOUTH. 
2loud4u View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Musician: Bass Guitar
Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 28 2010 at 6:15pm
  Best Wishes

Andy Self
Andy Self - Bass Player/Vocalist
Band Member
Band Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 08 2010 at 3:04pm
 Hey.2loud4u

I need a bass player now.
My old bass player just e-mailed me and quit due to the fact he doesn't want to get out and gig like I want our band too.I just can't work like that ,I'm sorry I want more out of this than just playing once in awhile.

Me and him talked about everything and now its time for me to find a replacement for that position.
I will not bad mouth him in any way ,I will say it just didn't work and leave it at that.I'm not on here to cry about everything ,I just want to find a bass player who is wanting to get out and gig like 2 or 3 times a month and have some great times doing just that very thing.Can you let me know if your interested in being our bass player.You have my number,call me and lets talk about this.
You know how things are,building a band is more work that most think it is if you want the right musicians for a band.
Talk to you later,Big Nick/41SOUTH.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic