Boss HM-2 Heavy Metal Pedal Help

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
themeedlyone View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote themeedlyone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Boss HM-2 Heavy Metal Pedal Help
    Posted: Jun 03 2014 at 11:05am
I got a hold of an old Boss HM-2 and when its hooked up it just makes a lot of static noise. Any idea as to what might be wrong?
Sponsored Links

suprdave5150 View Drop Down
Band Member
Band Member

Band: TDC / Top Dead Center
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote suprdave5150 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 06 2014 at 1:24pm
Contact Tony @ Volition amps. http://www.facebook.com/Volitionamps?fref=ts

He builds amps and pedals and does pedal restores. Locally Evansville area
Original Music RULES!!! Evansville,In
proaudio View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote proaudio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 08 2014 at 4:33pm
It could be anything from simply a bad jack or faulty battery terminal to something a little more serious like an OP -AMP ic chip had failed and sporadically making noise. Should be an easy fix for around $35 

-Eric
Pro Audio Services
- repair tech for 25 years.

Band Member
Band Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote suprdave5150 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 09 2014 at 2:08pm
Eric, My appologies. I hear more and more about the good work you've been doing. Nathan is very happy with what you're doing for his Nord Electro and I still need to get that Behringer P.A. to you to look at. 

Eric does great work and should be able to fix your pedal as well. 

Dave
proaudio View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote proaudio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 09 2014 at 3:47pm
LOL Dave, no worries man. I don't care where he gets help from, just that he gets good advice on the repair. There are a few repair techs in the area, just I've been around longer than most.Wink

BTW.. Nathans NORD is done, just haven't called him yet and thanks for the kind words.

themeedlyone View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote themeedlyone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 10 2014 at 10:12pm
i fixed it about a week ago, the output jack was turned a bit and on of the solder joints was touching a component on the board. thanks though guys.

by the way Eric I still need that mace vt head looked at if you can get a chance :)
proaudio View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote proaudio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 11 2014 at 9:39am
Just call me, I'll be around this weekend and all next week. 
Be glad to look at it.. as always.. free estimates.Wink

Eric White
Pro Audio Services
812-425-0374
Band Member
Band Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote suprdave5150 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 13 2014 at 11:54am
Spoken like a true gentleman, Eric. I will contact you on my Behringer as soon as I have funding available. 

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic