Club Royale Closed

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
doctormo View Drop Down
Band Member
Band Member

Band: retro shock
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doctormo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Club Royale Closed
    Posted: Jul 30 2013 at 12:11pm
Club Royale is now closed.  Their FB page is gone.

A couple weeks ago, we heard some rumblings about what happened, but I won't go into details because I don't know what is true.

I do know that a band recently posted that all of their gigs were canceled and they moved them to a new bar owned by the former management of Club Royale.

I certainly hope they reopen, even under a different name, but not target college kids.  We need a great, mature-oriented venue around here.  We have enough bars that cater to the younger crowd.

mike
Sponsored Links

Broken Silence View Drop Down
Band Member
Band Member

Band: Broken Silence
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Broken Silence Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 30 2013 at 2:05pm
SORRY TO HEAR THAT, THE CLUB WAS A GREAT VENUE. PLAYED THERE WITH A FEW BANDS AND ALWAYS HAD A GREAT CROWD AND A GOOD TIME....
doctormo View Drop Down
Band Member
Band Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doctormo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 30 2013 at 2:13pm
More info coming through from different sources.  The owner of Scores is opening a biker bar called Knuckleheads in the former Club Royale.

I can't vouch for the accuracy of this information.
41SOUTH ROCKS View Drop Down
Band Member
Band Member

Band: 41SOUTH
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 41SOUTH ROCKS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 29 2013 at 7:26am
   Please keep us posted on this information.And thanks for letting us know whats going on.
     ttyl.Big Nick

When a band plays covers and originals both. How can you have a bad night.The main thing is just be yourself and if the music is good for the people then its good enough for any place you play at.
41SOUTH ROCKS View Drop Down
Band Member
Band Member

Band: 41SOUTH
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 41SOUTH ROCKS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 06 2013 at 10:48am
 I sure wish they would have kept the stage.Other than that this place is called PISTONS.
Its a biker bar for all to enjoy.Me and my girlfriend  have been there a few times and have seen some very good bands there.Still loved the old stage.MayBe they will build a new one in time.hint hint.

When a band plays covers and originals both. How can you have a bad night.The main thing is just be yourself and if the music is good for the people then its good enough for any place you play at.
suprdave5150 View Drop Down
Band Member
Band Member

Band: TDC / Top Dead Center
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote suprdave5150 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 06 2013 at 1:40pm
   Jason English, the owner of scores mens club, is the new owner. I doubt they'll have bands. 
Original Music RULES!!! Evansville,In
doctormo View Drop Down
Band Member
Band Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doctormo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 06 2013 at 1:44pm
They have had live bands since they opened in the summer.  Nice place, but it's the same music that all the other large bars book.  Ho hum.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic