Topic ClosedMIDI help!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
PJ View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Musician: Keyboard-Synth
Direct Link To This Post Topic: MIDI help!
    Posted: Dec 29 2010 at 8:41pm
Old school keyboardist here wanting to go hi tech. My current setup includes two keyboards and a effects processor all midi compatable. I now need a device, preferably rack mountable that will store my presets to set my gig up for the next song each song. Im not talkin audio signal or anything, only midi information.
I want to be able to hit a preset on this device and have for example a organ on top keys and electric piano on bottom and effects just as I set it in preset storage. Next song, horns on top and grand on bottom with slight chorus on effects and so on.

Anyone know of such device???
Just shut up and play it!!
Sponsored Links

proaudio View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 04 2011 at 9:00pm
 Im looking to find info to help you. Each instrument will have its own MIDI channel assignment. The top key would be like ..cmidi chan #1, the bottom key Midi chan #2 and the effects unit channel #3. Each one with their own patches and when you select your "setup" it needs to output a program change command that is unique for all 3 data channels. Unique as in it has to output a structure like this..

Device #1 - Midi chan #1- program 45 (organ patch)
Device #2 - Midi chan #2 - program 62 (electric piano patch)
Device #3 - Midi chan #3 - program 1 ( hall reverb effect)

Im looking for you..

Edited by proaudio - Jan 04 2011 at 9:01pm
PJ View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Musician: Keyboard-Synth
Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 05 2011 at 9:41am
  Hi Eric, Thank you for your reply.
So far my search has brought me to the Behringer Fcb 1010 foot controller. I know its not a rack mount unit, but from what I see, its a unit that seems to have what Im looking for and the added features of two pedals that I can configure as (for example) a volume or modulation. The price is good at $143.00 and with its built in power unit, I can only hope its rugged enough to take gigging abuse.
Does anyone else have a
Behringer Fcb 1010 foot controller??
Do you like it? do you believe it will work with a keyboard set-up?
Just shut up and play it!!

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic