Mutual Promotion

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
tpainton View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tpainton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Mutual Promotion
    Posted: Mar 05 2014 at 9:24pm
  Promoting your band, or in my case product is tough.  Things get easier when lots of people know you.  If no one knows you, getting one person to just listen to a CD can be very tough.  It's not so hard if a lot of people are raving about you.  It's a chicken and egg problem.  I myself am promoting a product that promotes, well, anything, including a band and I post here hoping to maybe help some of you, and you would be helping me.  I have an app I spent the last two years creating called Trophy Life.  It's a Facebook application that runs on Android OS (Sorry, I don't know Objective C, so I have not done an iPhone release ... yet)  This app is free, and with it you can promote your band.  If you like, you can spend a dollar or more to help your promotion.  Essentially you can create a trophy your listeners can claim.. a virtual trophy.  When you create a trophy, you select a location for it.  You can also set a password needed to claim it, and a time slot as well.  These last few options cost a few bucks.  You can also add a webpage link, which when combined with your description and key words will help with Google rankings.  The app has just been released and has very few users.. but more users will come as more bands promote themselves through it.  Again.. It's that chicken and egg thing! 

At the very least, you can create some amusing trophies that are out there on the internet for free.. Some examples would include, "Jammed hard with (insert band name here)", or "(Your band name here) Jam Session attendee" etc.  Place the trophy in your studio and anyone who is within proximity per GPS, can claim it.. When they do, it injects into facebook as , "John captured a trophy on Trophy Life, "Jammed hard with (your band)."   When anyone on Facebook sees this entry and clicks on it, they will be taken to your Trophy on the main server website where you can include more information about your band. 

I help you.. you help me.  Everyone benefits. 
You can check out the Youtube promo video for it here, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IDfYl9Vruhk
and the actual app on Google Play Store here; https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.seine.trophy.main

Don't get down when you work your ass off and no one shows up! Keep promoting and believing.  Cheers. 
Sponsored Links

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic