Topic ClosedPlay Nice

 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Mr. Bandnut View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar


Joined: Dec 24 2000
Points: 689
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Play Nice
    Posted: Oct 04 2010 at 7:05am
  The forums are for fun, collaboration, and learning about the local scene, but not for name calling! Not only is it disrespectful to the other members but it is disrespectful to BandNut and the local scene.
It is fine to joke around, and many members do, but I think that those members at least know each other outside of BandNut and it is all in fun.

There is a variety of musicians, talent, and personalities on this site and I think that it has done well over the years. Most of you know that I do very little moderation on the site and I think you prefer that way. I would like that all the local musicians get their chance, and treated the same here.
But sometimes when the spammers come, or a topic comes along that gets some of you angry well... I have to step in like it or not.

I have only suspended spammers from the forum, well perhaps one or two members years ago, but I don't want to suspend musicians as it does not really fix the problem.

Please...

  • No direct name calling within the forums.
  • And if YOU STARTED a topic and it went out of control. Im pretty sure YOU can delete it.
  • If you send someone a private message and they say no, or don't respond. They are just not interested, don't keep bothering them.

I run this site for fun, and like to think that I am doing a favor for the local scene. But when I looked at my email this morning I had over 50 email complaints (mostly from the same few members) but I still had to sort through and then decide the best action.  If I had to do this a lot, this site would not be here! I keep it going because for the most part it is easy the you keep it updated. And again I feel it is useful.

I do have some upgrades, but I only have so much time so until then. Please play nice... If YOU cant then leave.


Thank You


  

Edited by Mr. Bandnut - Oct 11 2010 at 3:03pm
Back to Top
Sponsored Links


Back to Top
Conner View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Avatar


Joined: Oct 23 2008
(I'm Looking for a Band)
Points: 129
Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 04 2010 at 7:23am
Totally understood.

Hey, if you need any help with anything, I'm a vBulletin developer myself.
I just farted.
Back to Top
PJ View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Avatar


Joined: Jan 07 2009
Musician: Keyboard-Synth
Points: 213
Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 04 2010 at 8:28am
  "50 email complaints (mostly from the same few members)"

Too bad these cry babys dont use their time wisely and constructively by practicing their music so they can let their well honed skills do their talking.
Just shut up and play it!!
Back to Top
RamenNoodleButtSecks View Drop Down
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar


Joined: Oct 03 2010
Musician: Vocalist
Points: 10
Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 04 2010 at 8:37am

Originally posted by PJ PJ wrote:

 
"50 email complaints (mostly from the same few members)"

Too bad these cry babys dont use their time wisely and constructively by practicing their music so they can let their well honed skills do their talking.
too bad everyone knows who this cry baby is. the judas priest post has to be the funniest one I've seen on here. I'd really hate to be in that guys shoes.
Ever notice that kinky butt sex smells like ramen noodles?
Back to Top
Nathan Charles Harri View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Avatar


Joined: Jun 09 2010
Musician: Vocalist
(I'm Looking for a Band)
Points: 355
Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 04 2010 at 9:31am
   and that guy is just fine and hasn't really done anything wrong and does not care what people say to him about his music 
Nathan Harris
Back to Top
Chet View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Avatar


Joined: Mar 11 2005
Points: 72
Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 04 2010 at 12:04pm
"RAMEN NOODLES", Now THAT is some funny stuff !!!
Back to Top
suprdave5150 View Drop Down
Band Member
Band Member
Avatar


Joined: Jul 27 2005
Band: TDC / Top Dead Center
Points: 1436
Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 04 2010 at 1:30pm
  Damn. Go on vacation and look what you miss.

"RAMEN NOODLES", Now THAT is some funny stuff !!!

Yeah but kind of uncalled for after Mr. Bandnut was putting it nicely to stop.
Original Music RULES!!! Evansville,In
Back to Top
Conner View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Avatar


Joined: Oct 23 2008
(I'm Looking for a Band)
Points: 129
Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 04 2010 at 1:42pm
He was stating that we need to play nice, not watch out what we set our user names to be.
I just farted.
Back to Top
suprdave5150 View Drop Down
Band Member
Band Member
Avatar


Joined: Jul 27 2005
Band: TDC / Top Dead Center
Points: 1436
Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 04 2010 at 2:01pm
  He called some one a cry baby, Conner. Re read please.

Look, I get it. I am thick skinned enough to take it and I'm an adult, I think, at least when it calls for it.

Kudos to Mr. Bandnut for creating this site and allowing us to act like children on here, for the most part. His moderation skills are awesome. He doesn't over control things or even jump in and say things very often until it gets way out of hand. I haven't seen what happened but I really appreciate what this site has done for me and TDC.

I just spent four days with thirty guys from an awesome forum of guitar players. We sat in a Tabacco barn near Nashville and played guitar and exchanged ideas and licks and looks and discussed how to handle others on the forum that act like a real piece of work. We all decided to ignore those people and continued a great brotherhood of playing around on some really neat equipment and gear. We all got along and left each other feeling like brothers and sisters. I got to play guitar and sing Lynrd Skynrd songs with Ed King, one of the original members and I even got to sing "Gimme three steps" and "Simple Man". I got to the second verse of Simple man and couldn't remember the lyrics. I looked to Ed and he looked to his wife and we just laughed and I sang the first verse again. Fun times that I will remember forever. There were no egos or assholes and everyone even had one guys back all week because he's dealing with congestive heart failure and he's living on borrowed time, aint we all.

My point is that internet forums can be a real helpful and productive experience. I'd prefer to get along.

Hey why don't we all just rent a spot and sit down for an all out jam some weekend. It seems like when you're actually face to face with some one it takes away that computer shield that allows us to act like buttheads.

peace,
Dave
Original Music RULES!!! Evansville,In
Back to Top
bluesbasscat View Drop Down
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar


Joined: Aug 27 2003
Points: 627
Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 04 2010 at 8:23pm
Originally posted by suprdave5150 suprdave5150 wrote:

  He called some one a cry baby, Conner. Re read please.

Look, I get it. I am thick skinned enough to take it and I'm an adult, I think, at least when it calls for it.

Kudos to Mr. Bandnut for creating this site and allowing us to act like children on here, for the most part. His moderation skills are awesome. He doesn't over control things or even jump in and say things very often until it gets way out of hand. I haven't seen what happened but I really appreciate what this site has done for me and TDC.

I just spent four days with thirty guys from an awesome forum of guitar players. We sat in a Tabacco barn near Nashville and played guitar and exchanged ideas and licks and looks and discussed how to handle others on the forum that act like a real piece of work. We all decided to ignore those people and continued a great brotherhood of playing around on some really neat equipment and gear. We all got along and left each other feeling like brothers and sisters. I got to play guitar and sing Lynrd Skynrd songs with Ed King, one of the original members and I even got to sing "Gimme three steps" and "Simple Man". I got to the second verse of Simple man and couldn't remember the lyrics. I looked to Ed and he looked to his wife and we just laughed and I sang the first verse again. Fun times that I will remember forever. There were no egos or assholes and everyone even had one guys back all week because he's dealing with congestive heart failure and he's living on borrowed time, aint we all.

My point is that internet forums can be a real helpful and productive experience. I'd prefer to get along.

Hey why don't we all just rent a spot and sit down for an all out jam some weekend. It seems like when you're actually face to face with some one it takes away that computer shield that allows us to act like buttheads.

peace,
Dave
  
This is just the kind of bullsh*t that brought about the demise of the previously mentioned Ed King's website. Ed is a real class act and even with adding an administrator and moderators, it was still out of hand and he had enough and had it closed down.
Good to see Ed is still slipping out there and having a good time with it. You offer to pony up at his favorite Mexican restaurant and he'll keep you entertained for hours with dinner conversation.
A tip of my hat to Mr BandNut for keeping this place going and trying to give some space in these conversations before stepping in to cool things down a bit.
We've had some throwdowns that would've gotten your ass banned anywhere else
 
Playing in a band is not entirely unlike herding cats
Back to Top
Conner View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Avatar


Joined: Oct 23 2008
(I'm Looking for a Band)
Points: 129
Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 04 2010 at 8:54pm
Originally posted by suprdave5150 suprdave5150 wrote:

  He called some one a cry baby, Conner. Re read please.

Look, I get it. I am thick skinned enough to take it and I'm an adult, I think, at least when it calls for it.

Kudos to Mr. Bandnut for creating this site and allowing us to act like children on here, for the most part. His moderation skills are awesome. He doesn't over control things or even jump in and say things very often until it gets way out of hand. I haven't seen what happened but I really appreciate what this site has done for me and TDC.

I just spent four days with thirty guys from an awesome forum of guitar players. We sat in a Tabacco barn near Nashville and played guitar and exchanged ideas and licks and looks and discussed how to handle others on the forum that act like a real piece of work. We all decided to ignore those people and continued a great brotherhood of playing around on some really neat equipment and gear. We all got along and left each other feeling like brothers and sisters. I got to play guitar and sing Lynrd Skynrd songs with Ed King, one of the original members and I even got to sing "Gimme three steps" and "Simple Man". I got to the second verse of Simple man and couldn't remember the lyrics. I looked to Ed and he looked to his wife and we just laughed and I sang the first verse again. Fun times that I will remember forever. There were no egos or assholes and everyone even had one guys back all week because he's dealing with congestive heart failure and he's living on borrowed time, aint we all.

My point is that internet forums can be a real helpful and productive experience. I'd prefer to get along.

Hey why don't we all just rent a spot and sit down for an all out jam some weekend. It seems like when you're actually face to face with some one it takes away that computer shield that allows us to act like buttheads.

peace,
Dave




I think you're totally missing the reason he's laughing. He's laughing about RamenNoodleButtSecks' screen name. Not because Ramen said anything about anyone being a baby. Read it.. Ramen Noodle Butt Secks (sex). Lighten up a little.
I just farted.
Back to Top
suprdave5150 View Drop Down
Band Member
Band Member
Avatar


Joined: Jul 27 2005
Band: TDC / Top Dead Center
Points: 1436
Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 05 2010 at 6:54am
  Hey Bluesbasscat, I had no idea that Ed had a website and all of the trouble that you mention. Not really sure how it's relevant either so I certainly won't bring up his full name again. No one needs that sort of thing going on. I agree that Mr. Bandnut is doing a fine job. He keeps a journalistic view of things and allows us a lot of leash.

Conner, you misunderstood me again but that's all good. It's the net. Not everything translates well over the net and that's why I had suggested that we all just sit down and have a jam session together.It was PJ that made the "crybaby" comment not Chet. I certainly wasn't attacking anyone or trying to call anyone out. I'm not a site admin/mod by any means so if I came across wrong my apologies. And yeah that screen name IS a hoot.

In the words of Rodney King Can't we all just get along?

Peace again,

Dave

Original Music RULES!!! Evansville,In
Back to Top
Conner View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Avatar


Joined: Oct 23 2008
(I'm Looking for a Band)
Points: 129
Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 05 2010 at 10:06am
Ah, I thought you were replying to what Chet was laughing about. My bad.
I just farted.
Back to Top
bluesbasscat View Drop Down
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar


Joined: Aug 27 2003
Points: 627
Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 05 2010 at 6:12pm
Originally posted by suprdave5150 suprdave5150 wrote:

  Hey Bluesbasscat, I had no idea that Ed had a website and all of the trouble that you mention. Not really sure how it's relevant either so I certainly won't bring up his full name again. No one needs that sort of thing going on. I agree that Mr. Bandnut is doing a fine job. He keeps a journalistic view of things and allows us a lot of leash.
  
The only relevance to me in regards to Ed's site was the fact that even with a mod in place, it finally got so far out of hand there that he and the admins finally decided to pull the plug on it. They were banning all over the place before they ended up closing it down.
We've been very lucky here as far as how much rope we're given and everybody usually does a good job of keeping each other in check.
In regards to everything else, the music bidness ain't for everybody. . . . .
 
Playing in a band is not entirely unlike herding cats
Back to Top
suprdave5150 View Drop Down
Band Member
Band Member
Avatar


Joined: Jul 27 2005
Band: TDC / Top Dead Center
Points: 1436
Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 07 2010 at 7:40am
  That makes sense and meeting the man gave me whole new respect for his contributions over the years with the Strawberry alarm clock and Lynrd Skynrd and I was able to shake his hand and tell him that personally. I don't get starstruck by any one. I feel like we're all just people and some are more talented than others and I try to respect their room and their privacy.

I just happened upon "The Thread" that probably promoted this shout out from Mr. Bandnut. I am amazed that Mr. Bandnut didn't just shut that whole thread down.

Again, Kudos to him for allowing us the freedom he does but when we abuse it shame on us.
Original Music RULES!!! Evansville,In
Back to Top
Court View Drop Down
Band Member
Band Member
Avatar


Joined: Oct 09 2001
Band: Big Slick
Points: 722
Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 07 2010 at 8:17am
  Wow... I leave this site for a couple months and it all falls apart...lol
"It's good to know who hates you, and it's good to be hated by the right people." - Johnny Cash
Back to Top

 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic   

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down