Forum Name: Local Venue Discussion
Forum Description: Discussions about local bars, clubs, and music stores
URL: http://www.bandnut.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=24941
Printed Date: Nov 30 2020 at 2:10pm

Topic: Looking For bands
Posted By: TimeOutLounge
Subject: Looking For bands
Date Posted: Dec 10 2008 at 9:15pm
 Ok, Here is what's going on.   The Time Out Lounge Executive Inn Evansville is looking for new bands for Fri & Sat nights, also Sundays. Sundays we are looking for blues / classic rock type bands. Weekends we are looking for bands that appeal to a wide age group of people, our crowd consists of 40 + age group mostly. So no hard rock or strictly college rock bands.  Please PM me here with any Myspace or website that I can check your bnd out at. Also any local Evansville dates you are playing as I will try to come check your band out if my schedule permits. We have been doing new band tryout nights on Tuesdays, we provide a sound system and all you need is your stage gear. Their is no pay involved, you play a 40 minute set to let management listen to you and if we think you are what we are looking for your band will be rewarded with bookings. Please do not call The Executive Inn about booking your band, PM me here and I will respond as best I can. Management has changed at the Time Out so we are re-tooling the bands that play here and are willing to give bands a shot,  but please remember the age group at The Time Out 40 +.   Hope to hear from all the bands soon.

Thanks
Time Out Lounge

Replies:
Posted By: Big Toe
Date Posted: Dec 11 2008 at 6:31am
We don't haul gear and play for free, but you can check the website to see what we do.

www.woodsboroband.com

-------------

Date Posted: Dec 11 2008 at 6:36am
 I  will check out your website and be in touch if we decide you are what we are looking for.

For the future please respond in the form of a PM, that way I will get email notification that I have a message..

Thank You For Your ResponseSmile

Posted By: Richard Noggin
Date Posted: Dec 11 2008 at 8:47am

Before anybody gets too excited about this "opportunity", you might want to check out the thread on this site about "Beware the Exec-Timeout Lounge."

Sounds like this guy is just trying to get several nights of FREE ENTERTAINMENT during the weekAngry I mean, if he wants to hear how bands sound (and draws) he should go out and see them at their other gigs

Date Posted: Dec 11 2008 at 9:13am
 This is the exact type of negativity I've been waiting forLOL  The thing is this guy is working in the Time Out every weekend and has very little time to go see bands. Did get a chance to go to the Deerhead and check out Tommy Stillwell and big Jon's new band The soul crackers and they have been hired for a weekend in January. I did not say that all bands have got to do the tryout night, but if their are bands who would like to,  contact me. Problems have happened in the past and we are going at this fresh.  So Pm me here with your websites and I'll take a look. I'll even come to one of your shows if my schedule permits.

Thanks

Time Out Lounge

Posted By: Mangina
Date Posted: Dec 11 2008 at 11:01am
Here's some negativity for "Mr TIMEOUT". Get it on paper if you play here!!!! Call one of the guys in the Jimmies,or Mayor Frank, or me. We can fill in the rest for you. This place sucks. A tight a$$ owner and an empower jacka$$ running the bar. But good luck to you. There is always a play for beer garage band looking for work. No on second thought , screw you. I hope your outa business in 3 months, ya fu*ks.  Clap

-------------
"It takes a man to suffer ignorance and smile"

www.myspace.com/mcfly80s

Posted By: paradiddle
Date Posted: Dec 11 2008 at 11:11am
what u mean free beer?last time we played there didnt even get discounts on pitchers! 

Date Posted: Dec 11 2008 at 11:18am
 Thank you for the response ManginaClap  All bands hired will be working from a contract to protect them and the Executive Inn.  So no more problems will arise from deals made in the past. as said we are starting fresh.  Everyone is entitled to an opinion so take the above comments however you like. We are still looking for more bands to get in the rotation or for tryout Tuesdays. 

Thank's
Time Out Lounge

Posted By: giantdrummer
Date Posted: Dec 11 2008 at 11:59am
Originally posted by Mangina Mangina wrote:

Here's some negativity for "Mr TIMEOUT". Get it on paper if you play here!!!! Call one of the guys in the Jimmies,or Mayor Frank, or me. We can fill in the rest for you. This place sucks. A tight a$$ owner and an empower jacka$$ running the bar. But good luck to you. There is always a play for beer garage band looking for work. No on second thought , screw you. I hope your outa business in 3 months, ya fu*ks.  Clap

So does this mean that you're not sending him a link to your MySpace page?Embarrassed

-------------
"They can't see us, we're in the spirit world"

Posted By: KevJonz
Date Posted: Dec 11 2008 at 1:02pm
Mr Timeout,
Don't you have time to listen to a demo cd to make your determination to hire a band. It seems that IF your looking for entertainment of any quality at all your asking a bit much of those of us who are professionals to load gear, set up, and play for free.
If you think a cd might do....along with a written agreement of course.....my band might be intested. 

Date Posted: Dec 11 2008 at 1:27pm
Originally posted by KevJonz KevJonz wrote:

Mr Timeout,
Don't you have time to listen to a demo cd to make your determination to hire a band. It seems that IF your looking for entertainment of any quality at all your asking a bit much of those of us who are professionals to load gear, set up, and play for free.
If you think a cd might do....along with a written agreement of course.....my band might be intested. 

To be considered a professional, KevJonz, you have to be getting paid.  I still say Mr Timeout is only looking for bands to play for FREE on Tuesday nights.LOL

Date Posted: Dec 11 2008 at 1:46pm
Originally posted by TimeOutLounge TimeOutLounge wrote:

Thank you for the response ManginaClap  All bands hired will be working from a contract to protect them and the Executive Inn.  So no more problems will arise from deals made in the past. as said we are starting fresh.  Everyone is entitled to an opinion so take the above comments however you like. We are still looking for more bands to get in the rotation or for tryout Tuesdays. 

Thank's
Time Out Lounge
]

Oh looky !!! Passive aggressive. (Mr. Timeout must be a chick)  Managment must have definatley changed Wink. BTW..I will be happy in knowing I will be burying your business in January with F.E. & Club Royal dates.

-------------

www.myspace.com/mcfly80s

Date Posted: Dec 11 2008 at 1:48pm
  Joe W Smith.....Where are you !?!

-------------

www.myspace.com/mcfly80s

Posted By: Bass Ninja
Date Posted: Dec 11 2008 at 3:39pm

Thank's
Time Out Lounge

So just to be sure that I'm understanding this correctly, all of the talk that I've heard from more than one source about broken agreements, bands getting stiffed for as much as half of their pay, and other garden variety bar manager type poopoo is simply an "opinion", that or a mass hallucination being suffered by about a dozen or more local musicians that have been working clubs here ( including your place of employment) most likely longer than it's been since you were potty trained.

Mmmkay.

I thought John Pearson retired.

Let me know how you come out on that Tuesday night freebie thing.

-------------
Smells like cat food and ass in here. . . .

Date Posted: Dec 11 2008 at 4:01pm
Originally posted by Bass Ninja Bass Ninja wrote:

Thank's
Time Out Lounge

So just to be sure that I'm understanding this correctly, all of the talk that I've heard from more than one source about broken agreements, bands getting stiffed for as much as half of their pay, and other garden variety bar manager type poopoo is simply an "opinion", that or a mass hallucination being suffered by about a dozen or more local musicians that have been working clubs here ( including your place of employment) most likely longer than it's been since you were potty trained.

Mmmkay.

Let me know how you come out on than Tuesday night freebie thing.

As I stated above you can read the comments and form your own opinion.  I never said this or that did or did not happen. I have had many bands respond wanting to play and some of these bands are very popular seasoned bands from the area. No everyone is not wanting to play tuesdays for free but that was never a requirement. Thanks for keeping this post at the top of the page.  And to those who have sent me messages thank youClap  I will be getting back to you in the near future.

Time Out Lounge

Date Posted: Dec 11 2008 at 9:14pm

Thank's
Time Out Lounge

Mmmkay.

Let me know how you come out on than Tuesday night freebie thing.

As I stated above you can read the comments and form your own opinion.  I never said this or that did or did not happen. I have had many bands respond wanting to play and some of these bands are very popular seasoned bands from the area. No everyone is not wanting to play tuesdays for free but that was never a requirement. Thanks for keeping this post at the top of the page.  And to those who have sent me messages thank youClap  I will be getting back to you in the near future.

Time Out Lounge

From what I've been told by more than one band, there's no need to form an opinion.
They can't all be lying.

-------------

Posted By: SamoanDude
Date Posted: Dec 12 2008 at 3:03am

OMG......

THIS IS AWESOME!!!!

WAIT FOR IT.........

WAIIIIIIIIIT FOR IT.........

I LOVE CHEESE!!!!!LOL 

-------------
235 Pounds Of Rompin, Stompin Crisco

Posted By: Downunder
Date Posted: Dec 12 2008 at 6:35am
  The nice thing about sitting on the fence post is, you get to hear and see both sides of the field. And don't take me wrong, but it sound like if a business did me wrong in a arrangement, I would take the legal action against them, in most state under civil law, a verbal contract is binding if there is witnesses to the agreement..... I always say life lesson are well learn lessons.

Good luck & Merry Christmas to all the bands here, and Merry Christmas to all the businesses that keep us busy.Thumbs%20Up

-------------
Three things you lose when you reach my age, One is memory and damn, can't remember the other Two..

Posted By: bluesbasscat
Date Posted: Dec 12 2008 at 6:52am
Originally posted by SamoanDude SamoanDude wrote:

OMG......

THIS IS AWESOME!!!!

WAIT FOR IT.........

I LOVE CHEESE!!!!!LOL 

Ramirez, you are such a homo. . . .  

LOL

-------------
Playing in a band is not entirely unlike herding cats

Posted By: ThatWynnGuy
Date Posted: Dec 12 2008 at 9:09am
Originally posted by bluesbasscat bluesbasscat wrote:

OMG......

THIS IS AWESOME!!!!

WAIT FOR IT.........

I LOVE CHEESE!!!!!LOL 

LOL

The Bass Cat beat me to it.LOL
Hey there Jim, Expected to see you in Louisville at the Kings X show? It kicked major ass!

Posted By: edhead
Date Posted: Dec 12 2008 at 11:32am
 I was at the King's X show (my 8th one) and I gotta say I thought they "phoned it in"... although it was nice to see dUg and Ty actually smile at each other for a change!

Date Posted: Dec 13 2008 at 1:24pm
Dont know what it has to do with this thread Ed, but...King's X....THE GREATEST !!!! I'll be at the Nashville show on the 18th. Probably my 8th or 9th time seeing them as well and they've yet to dissapoint me. WORLD CLASS indeed.

Posted By: tele88
Date Posted: Dec 15 2008 at 1:30pm
  Thanks to Dave and Wynn for the Jan. 2,3 Feb. 20,21 gigs we have a good time playing Timeout. Hope we do business with you for a long time. See ya New Years Eve. We look forward to playing New Years got a lot of friends coming to see us.

-------------
Slick Willy...The SLANDEROUS Bastard's

Date Posted: Dec 17 2008 at 11:05am
 According to a posting today on this site under "Beware the Executive Inn", WFIE is reporting that the lights are out at the Executive Inn and they haven't paid their Innkeeper's Tax for the past 2 months.

I stopped by the TimeOut Monday a week ago around 5:30 and the place was closed.

You started this thread TimeOut, are you still open?

Date Posted: Dec 17 2008 at 12:06pm
Just got a phone call asking me about this posting on bandnut. The Hotel is open and was never closed, feel free to call  and reserve your New Years Eve package. Big%20smile  If you go to the doors next to the time out please READ the sign that says this door locked from 7Pm till 6 AM. People staying in the hotel that have a room pass key can enter through these doors by swiping their pass key card. Thursday, Friday, Saturday these doors remain unlocked for time out patrons.  Time Out is currently closed Sunday through Wednesday unless we are doing new band tryout Tuesday which we will do when bands have interest. Thursday is Karaoke with Bill and of course Fri/Sat we have bands.

Thank You For Your Concern Clap 

Date Posted: Dec 18 2008 at 7:22pm
 So I suppose that this is just an "opinion" too.

http://www.abc25.com/dsp_story.cfm?storyid=10326&RequestTimeout=500 - http://www.abc25.com/dsp_story.cfm?storyid=10326&RequestTimeout=500

Seems to be a problem honoring any kind of contract, regardless of who it's with.

Beware kiddies and get it in blood, for all is not as it seems. . . .

-------------

Date Posted: Dec 19 2008 at 1:05am
Originally posted by bluesbasscat bluesbasscat wrote:

OMG......

THIS IS AWESOME!!!!

WAIT FOR IT.........

I LOVE CHEESE!!!!!LOL 

LOL

Oh for the love of all that's holy......you can't stand there and honestly say you didn't see it coming!  Both you and Wynn!!LOL

-------------

Date Posted: Dec 19 2008 at 1:19pm
  Jackass!! LOL

-------------

www.myspace.com/mcfly80s

Date Posted: Dec 20 2008 at 3:10am
Oh...i'm sorry....i left out little Mikey.  Sorry to overlook you there spudnutz....Ermm 

-------------

Date Posted: Dec 22 2008 at 10:05am

So I suppose that this is just an "opinion" too.

http://www.abc25.com/dsp_story.cfm?storyid=10326&RequestTimeout=500 - http://www.abc25.com/dsp_story.cfm?storyid=10326&RequestTimeout=500

Seems to be a problem honoring any kind of contract, regardless of who it's with.

Beware kiddies and get it in blood, for all is not as it seems. . . .

I see that the Time Out has chosen to remain silent on the inability of their employer's management to honor their commitments to the county.
Very telling indeed.

-------------

Date Posted: Dec 22 2008 at 10:39am
 All I know is I've been told it was a mistake in accounting and an audit is being done to find out what happened and to pay the debt.  And to all the Bands playing Time Out in January Thanks! Big%20smile
It will be good to get some different entertainment in the Time Out

January Lineup

2nd & 3rd- Slick Willy (Feel free to ask Brian Heart how the Time Out is treating Slick Willy. )

9th & 10th- The Amazing Soul Crackers
(Tommy Stillwell and Jon Rochners new band)

16th & 17th- The Huckleberrys
(with The Famous Jim Cauley/ Imposing Will on drums)

23rd & 24th
The Relics

30th & 31rst
Deja Vu

Date Posted: Dec 22 2008 at 11:41am

All I know is-----that The Executive Inn has been paying this innkeeper's tax for years, and now all of a sudden for two months they forget to pay it?  Yep, there are auditors in there---------preparing the books for another sale of the Big E.

All I know is--------you started this thread, TimeOutLounge trying to gets band to play for free on Tuesday nights.  Kinda cheap, don't you think?

All I know is just because you've got bands booked every weekend during January doesn't mean all the contract can't be cancelled if the Big E closes again.   The end of the year is a very convenient time to close a business-------especially considering that January thru March are usually the slowest time in the hotel business.

Date Posted: Dec 22 2008 at 1:30pm
All I know is.... Not all the bands listed for Jan. have even received their contracts yet. And so, have not finalized a thing booking wise.
All I know is......The Exec in Owbo's contracts they had with me weren't worth sh!t when it folded.

-------------

www.myspace.com/mcfly80s

Date Posted: Dec 22 2008 at 3:50pm
 Deja Vu is the only one who has not signed a contract yet. I have sent them 2 messages on myspace telling them how to get their contract but they have not read the message yet. I would call Mark but I cleaned out my old messages and lost his phone number. He told me his wife takes care of the myspace page and I could contact him there also,  so that is what I did. The GM has already signed his approval  for january so all is a go. I'm sorry about your luck in owensboro, that was a blow to a lot of people.  I'm sure Imposing will can back me up on his Huckleberry date. Everyone Have a Merry ChristmasSmile

Date Posted: Dec 22 2008 at 3:59pm
Hey Jim... You should feel right at home there. They sell pizzas in the back! LOL,LOL!!!
Sorry pal, but I just couldn't help myself.

-------------

www.myspace.com/mcfly80s

Date Posted: Dec 22 2008 at 4:16pm

Hey Jim... You should feel right at home there. They sell pizzas in the back! LOL,LOL!!!

Damn Mitchell !
Did you find a pubic hair in your Cheerios at Denny's this morning ?

LOL

-------------

Posted By: Imposing Will
Date Posted: Dec 22 2008 at 11:58pm

You should feel at home a few blocks from there. Oh wait-they sold the McCurdy. EmbarrassedLOL

Date Posted: Dec 23 2008 at 12:00am
ConfusedErmmSleepyLOL Figure it out. 

Date Posted: Dec 23 2008 at 4:03pm
Oh yeah thin crust? Well YOU should feel at home 9 blocks from there. Cause, cause there's a, a, PARKING LOT ! Yeah, a parking lot. With ummmm...umm CARS IN IT ! Yeah. A parking lot with CARS in it. See? Get it?....LOL

-------------

www.myspace.com/mcfly80s

Posted By: jimmyman
Date Posted: Jan 03 2009 at 12:20pm

Posted By: dmeasures
Date Posted: Jan 04 2009 at 6:28pm

I read your post about new bands.. Im the lead singer of Deperate Measures. We dont have any bookings at evansville yet but we do play regularly here at the Eagles in princeton which also mainly caters to the 40+ crowd. we just finished playing new years there and was offered a monthly spot. if you want to check us out our site is http://www.myspace.com/desperatemeasures4 - www.myspace.com/desperatemeasures4 . we have several covers and one original on there. if your interested contact seth couts at 812-664-0107 or at mailto:kissfreak201@hotmail.com - kissfreak201@hotmail.com  

thanks, Desperate Measures 

Date Posted: Jan 05 2009 at 12:10am

Oh yeah thin crust? Well YOU should feel at home 9 blocks from there. Cause, cause there's a, a, PARKING LOT ! Yeah, a parking lot. With ummmm...umm CARS IN IT ! Yeah. A parking lot with CARS in it. See? Get it?....LOL

It was only a matter of time before the riggors of the road finally caught up with poor Mike.  He had been battling with demetia throughout the declining years of his journey, but it wasn't until now that the depths of his affliction could be seen by all.  Indeed it was a sad day.....to watch such a vibrant, yet calloused bringer of the rock, slowly slip into the darkness......

Can I have the Xbox when you finally loose all your marbles there grandpa?LOL 

-------------

Posted By: grips
Date Posted: Jan 05 2009 at 5:33am
Originally posted by dmeasures dmeasures wrote:

I read your post about new bands.. Im the lead singer of Deperate Measures. We dont have any bookings at evansville yet but we do play regularly here at the Eagles in princeton which also mainly caters to the 40+ crowd. we just finished playing new years there and was offered a monthly spot. if you want to check us out our site is http://www.myspace.com/desperatemeasures4 - www.myspace.com/desperatemeasures4 . we have several covers and one original on there. if your interested contact seth couts at 812-664-0107 or at mailto:kissfreak201@hotmail.com - kissfreak201@hotmail.com  

thanks, Desperate Measures 

If you had read the post, you would know that in order to be considered for a gig at The Timeout you're suppose to show up on Tuesday night and play for free for a hour or so.  This manager has no time to check out your myspace page or come listen to you play.   He's a very important person.LOL

Date Posted: Jan 05 2009 at 10:57am

It was only a matter of time before the riggors of the road finally caught up with poor Mike.  He had been battling with demetia throughout the declining years of his journey, but it wasn't until now that the depths of his affliction could be seen by all.  Indeed it was a sad day.....to watch such a vibrant, yet calloused bringer of the rock, slowly slip into the darkness......

Can I have the Xbox when you finally loose all your marbles there grandpa?LOL 

No. And check your spelling before posting please. It confuses Larry and Cauley....LOL

-------------

www.myspace.com/mcfly80s

Date Posted: Jan 06 2009 at 12:18am
Geezus.....friggin buncha grammer poosies on this site.....Dead 

-------------

Posted By: CadillacWsky
Date Posted: Jan 06 2009 at 2:24pm
Cadillac Whiskey is a new local band that is looking for opportunities.  They've played at Club Royale this past weekend and are booked for this Thursday at Fast Eddy's.  The set list seems to fit your needs and includes classic rock as well as acoustic set, including music from the the 60's up to current - something for everyone.  Currently working on demos and website.  Myspace is available under CadillacWhisky.  Would love for you to hear us if you can come down Thursday.  Let's talk!

-------------
Cadillac Whisky - Get The Party Started

Posted By: CadillacWsky
Date Posted: Jan 06 2009 at 2:26pm
 Cadillac Whiskey is new local band.  Played Club Royale last weekend and will be at Fast Eddy's this Thursday.  We offer something for everyone.  Myspace is under CadillacWhisky and currently working on demos and website.  Hope you can make it down Thursday.  Let's talk

-------------
Cadillac Whisky - Get The Party Started

Posted By: WAGS
Date Posted: Jan 07 2009 at 11:43am

Date Posted: Jan 07 2009 at 11:51am
 Hi, my name is Rick and Iam with the Mirage Band from Terre Haute, In, and would be interested in learning more about the Time Out Lounge in Evansville.  I am attaching the bands web-site to this post; http://www.miragebandterrehaute.com - www.miragebandterrehaute.com for your review. The band has been together now for better part of 5 years, and I have been with the band now for 3 years. Mirage is a working band with a rather large play radius, and schedule. Please review the bands play schedule, as well as listen our Mirage at the Oasis cd for an idea of what styles we play.
   Looking forward to hearing from you.

Date Posted: Jan 07 2009 at 3:30pm
 Sent you a post earlier today regarding Mirage Band and the TimeOut; just wanted to make sure you received:

Posted By: budd
Date Posted: Jan 19 2009 at 5:41am
 Was over at THE TIMEOUT LOUNGE Saturday night and the doors were locked.  Have they closed up or are they just CLOSED FOR VACATION like DOUBLE DUKES?LOLLOL

Date Posted: Jan 19 2009 at 6:33am
Originally posted by budd budd wrote:

Was over at THE TIMEOUT LOUNGE Saturday night and the doors were locked.  Have they closed up or are they just CLOSED FOR VACATION like DOUBLE DUKES?LOLLOL
We were supposed to be playing there this weekend. I got a call Friday afternoon that the bar would be closed for at least the weekend, due to a pipe bursting in the bar. I have a friend working there now-helping with booking (Yo Jeremy!), and he's the one who called me...from the bar. My opinion is that it's on the level. Hoping not to hear otherwise. So everyone need not get excited just yet...WinkLOL Jim

Date Posted: Jan 19 2009 at 6:35am
  BTW, Budd-Thanks for coming out to see us. Even if we weren't there.EmbarrassedWink Jim

Date Posted: Jan 19 2009 at 2:26pm
 Just wanted to touch base with you again in regards to Mirage band playing the TIME OUT lounge. The band does have 2 dates in Feb 7, & 28th; or I am attaching Mirage web-site which lists our schedule.
   Hope to hear back from you soon.
Thanks
Rick Waggoner
812-243-4144

http://www.MIRAGEBANDTERREHAUTE.COM - www.MIRAGEBANDTERREHAUTE.COM

Posted By: Big Dave
Date Posted: Jan 20 2009 at 12:38pm
 Don't know if this is true or not, but I just saw a comment on the courier press site that they lost their liquor license and owe several thousand $$ in taxes.

Date Posted: Jan 20 2009 at 6:00pm
Originally posted by Big Dave Big Dave wrote:

Don't know if this is true or not, but I just saw a comment on the courier press site that they lost their liquor license and owe several thousand $$ in taxes.
It's true.OuchAngryMy buddy has been hosed on this whole deal too-he just called me to tell me what's going on. Jesus, does nobody know how to run a business anymore? Between the idiots I work for, and the idiots running most of  the clubs I play in...frustrating.
Angry

Posted By: edhead
Date Posted: Jan 20 2009 at 6:06pm
 Yeah, we were supposed to play there Feb 6&7. Anyone looking for a band that weekend? (We've just posted a whole slew of new tunes on the music player on our page - check it out!) 

Date Posted: Jan 20 2009 at 8:46pm
Yes it's true, I just got home from the Executive Inn and they failed to renew their liquor license and can 't renew it untill they pay back taxes. So the Time Out is closed along with the lobby bar. I went into this situation with the best intentions but knew it was a bad situation. I thought I could help turn it into a respectable place again. David also had good intentions but the G.M Mr Khan made it hell trying to get anything done. I called all the bands personally when I got the news today and just want to say I'm sorry things didn't work out better for everyone.  So a big thank you to Tommy Stillwell and the Soul Crackers, The Relics, Deja Vu, The Huckleberrys, Slick Willy, American Pie, Cadillac Whisky, Rebel Fuel Tank, The Big Shove, My Budds Jim Cauley and Jon Rochner, Jim Gains for being his colorful self  and anyone else that I can't remember at the moment.  All of the above bands are class acts and I highly recommend all of them.ClapClapClap

Rock On!

Jeremy Wynn 

Date Posted: Jan 20 2009 at 9:45pm
  Sorry things went south Jeremy. For what its worth I thought Timeout was doing well. We enjoyed yours and Dave's professional attitudes towards us. Ya'll always seemed to take good care of us.

Good Luck
Brian Hart

-------------

Date Posted: Jan 21 2009 at 7:40am
Wow....I am truly shocked !!! LOL Sorry for the guys who lost work. But I did try and warn you.

-------------

www.myspace.com/mcfly80s

Posted By: sixstringsinger
Date Posted: Jan 21 2009 at 11:32pm
  Damn pipes bursting and all.. it's almost impossible to keep a bar open these days.  jeez! i remember when you could play a gig at the Time Out and get almost all of your money when you were done.  when that pipe burst, it filled the place with despair and emptiness.  a hairy, smelly cocktail of failure and broken promises oozed out from beneath the stage and permeated the air with a strange, milky resin that reeked of disappointment and empty pockets.  Good luck and God's speed to all who have suffered at the hand of the evil Mr. Khan.

-------------
Music is the best thing in the whole world!!!!!

Posted By: budd
Date Posted: Jan 22 2009 at 5:32am

WFIE reported last night that The Executive Inn is around $50,000 behind on state tax payments, $8000 behind on local tax payments, and that's not counting the Innkeeper's Tax that they haven't been making for the last 3 or 4 months.

Can't even reapply for their liquer license again until these taxes are paid.

Posted By: Joe W. Smith Jr
Date Posted: Jan 22 2009 at 10:07am
Karma Bitches....Karma

-------------
I am SOOOOOOOOOO much better than you. Seriously.

Date Posted: Jan 22 2009 at 10:48am

[ Sorry things went south Jeremy. For what its worth I thought Timeout was doing well. We enjoyed yours and Dave's professional attitudes towards us. Ya'll always seemed to take good care of us.

Good Luck
Brian Hart]

Thanks Brian. Yeah the Time Out was doing really well the past few weekends. Good crowds, good numbers on drink sales, but what do you do when the owners of the hotel don't pay thier taxes? Karma is a bitch and she came back and bit Mr Khan on his wrinkly little assLOL oh well life goes on.     

Posted By: o'boro rocker
Date Posted: Jan 22 2009 at 4:02pm
 that's how the o'boro big e problems started....unpaid taxes along with other things. they never lost their liquor license though. Sad to say no longer than it's been closed you may as well bulldoze it in the river. No one could ever make money on it again.

Some of us guys said it would be a great house of prostitution, put the skanks on the bottom floor for all the cheap ass dudes givin $20.00 bj's and hand jobs and work up the ladder to the premium broads on the top floor $2500.00 a night.

Posted By: Pam
Date Posted: Jan 23 2009 at 8:35pm
 Time Out Lounge---please contact me!  I have a great 3 piece Rockabilly/oldies from the 50s and 60s band that would be great for your age group.  We are also trying to get at the Boat; maybe you can help us out!  We do a lot of Stray Cat stuff, Elvis, The Beattles, Johnny Cash, Buddy Holly--all that good fun stuff!!!  3 part harmonies and stand up bass---it is just freaking awesome!! 

You can check them out at http://www.myspace.com/thenoseyjoeband - www.myspace.com/thenoseyjoeband (we have a sub drummer in the video as our SINGING drummer was out of town on business for a while, but he is back now).  Then contact me and let's get something cooking!!!

Pam Harper, manager of The Nosey Joe Band

Date Posted: Jan 23 2009 at 9:32pm
Originally posted by ThatWynnGuy ThatWynnGuy wrote:

Yes it's true, I just got home from the Executive Inn and they failed to renew their liquor license and can 't renew it untill they pay back taxes. So the Time Out is closed along with the lobby bar. I went into this situation with the best intentions but knew it was a bad situation. I thought I could help turn it into a respectable place again. David also had good intentions but the G.M Mr Khan made it hell trying to get anything done. I called all the bands personally when I got the news today and just want to say I'm sorry things didn't work out better for everyone.  So a big thank you to Tommy Stillwell and the Soul Crackers, The Relics, Deja Vu, The Huckleberrys, Slick Willy, American Pie, Cadillac Whisky, Rebel Fuel Tank, The Big Shove, My Budds Jim Cauley and Jon Rochner, Jim Gains for being his colorful self  and anyone else that I can't remember at the moment.  All of the above bands are class acts and I highly recommend all of them.ClapClapClap

Rock On!

Jeremy Wynn 

Pam, you did read this post, right ?

-------------

Posted By: INsingerguy
Date Posted: Jan 29 2009 at 7:56pm
Hello,I am the vocalist for the band AMPutee,and we are looking to get into Evansville,I dont see the need to audition though,we already are an established band,but we would love to play in Evansville with the so called "big boys" and show them what WE have to say about it!! Check us out on Myspace at AMPuteerocks,and you will see we have lots of gigs,all over the place in fact! Hope to hear from you!

Date Posted: Jan 30 2009 at 1:49am
(slaps forehead)Ermm 

-------------

Date Posted: Jan 30 2009 at 6:08am

(slaps forehead)Ermm 
Thanks Lee. I saw it last night, and remarkably....I just didn't have it in me. Glad someone did. Wink HELLO PEOPLE.....ConfusedLOL

Posted By: ChowderMonkey
Date Posted: Jan 30 2009 at 2:49pm
McFly!

-------------
Baby, it's not the 2.5 inches... It's the 200 pounds behind it.

Date Posted: Feb 02 2009 at 12:19am
Originally posted by Imposing Will Imposing Will wrote:

(slaps forehead)Ermm 
Thanks Lee. I saw it last night, and remarkably....I just didn't have it in me. Glad someone did. Wink HELLO PEOPLE.....ConfusedLOL

I do what i can......from 6 hours away.....LOL

-------------

Date Posted: Feb 02 2009 at 7:33am
  hmmm......

-------------

www.myspace.com/mcfly80s

Date Posted: Feb 02 2009 at 7:44am
Originally posted by INsingerguy INsingerguy wrote:

Hello,I am the vocalist for the band AMPutee,and we are looking to get into Evansville,I dont see the need to audition though,we already are an established band,but we would love to play in Evansville with the so called "big boys" and show them what WE have to say about it!! Check us out on Myspace at AMPuteerocks,and you will see we have lots of gigs,all over the place in fact! Hope to hear from you!

Perhaps it's just me, but I'm thinking like 'basscat on this one.
Is reading comprehension an issue here ?
I mean you didn't even bother to read the post right above yours, let alone the original.

Bar's closed folks.
Nothing to see here.
If the idea of the pinnacle of your musical career is to play here in Evanspatch with the "big boys", then I might suggest you set your bar a little higher.

-------------

Posted By: inaband
Date Posted: Feb 02 2009 at 9:00am
 This thread needs to be closed and locked....Dead

-------------
2008 Gretsch Renown 6-pc, Gibraltar Rack, Zildjian, DW 5002 Double, Humes and Berg, 2008 Ludwig Vistalites, 1997 Corvette

Posted By: chaz
Date Posted: Feb 02 2009 at 9:56am
"If the idea of the pinnacle of your musical career is to play here in Evanspatch with the "big boys", then I might suggest you set your bar a little higher."

I agree, but I remember the days of being a young lad, under 21, playing in a very little known band, small bars, hoping one day that I may be included or at least a part of the Evansville bar scene, for it actually is a big dream, or idea of a few that come from humble beginnings outside of the area.  I mean come on, EVV is the mecca of cover bands.  Now, I am gracious and humble to be included and wake every morning, drinking my coffee thanking God that I now too walk amongst the masses.  Now I set my eyes on Hendo and maybe Boonevegas...always looking up and reaching for the stars!Big%20smile f...kn A!

Date Posted: Feb 02 2009 at 11:27am
Originally posted by chaz chaz wrote:

"If the idea of the pinnacle of your musical career is to play here in Evanspatch with the "big boys", then I might suggest you set your bar a little higher."

I agree, but I remember the days of being a young lad, under 21, playing in a very little known band, small bars, hoping one day that I may be included or at least a part of the Evansville bar scene, for it actually is a big dream, or idea of a few that come from humble beginnings outside of the area.  I mean come on, EVV is the mecca of cover bands.  Now, I am gracious and humble to be included and wake every morning, drinking my coffee thanking God that I now too walk amongst the masses.  Now I set my eyes on Hendo and maybe Boonevegas...always looking up and reaching for the stars!Big%20smile f...kn A!

I shared those thoughts as well at one time.
Beyond not reading the post at all, I think what I found more amusing than the thought of the Time Out Lounge being the height of a music career was the "we're gonna show you how it's done" take on it

If I had a dollar for every time I heard that one. . .

LOL

-------------

Date Posted: Feb 14 2009 at 7:27pm
  Timeout is back open. I'm down here doing dj tonight for Valentine Day. Stop and have a beer with me

-------------

Posted By: gtrDave
Date Posted: Feb 15 2009 at 5:09pm
  Groovy.  any chance they will be having live music again?

Date Posted: Feb 15 2009 at 6:20pm
  Yes. Our band is booked through April

-------------

Posted By: Billy Bluz
Date Posted: Mar 19 2009 at 7:23pm
Here's some negativity for "Mr TIMEOUT". Get it on paper if you play here!!!! Call one of the guys in the Jimmies,or Mayor Frank, or me. We can fill in the rest for you. This place sucks. A tight a$$ owner and an empower jacka$$ running the bar. But good luck to you. There is always a play for beer garage band looking for work. No on second thought , screw you. I hope your outa business in 3 months, ya fu*ks.
- Mangina Dec '08

Niiiiice ,

Mcfly has four gigs booked at the Time Out.....................

Highly mercenary, low integrity.

All I know is what you tell me.

Billy

-------------
Gibson,Mesa,Marshall,Tone,Soul & Rock n' Roll

Date Posted: Mar 19 2009 at 8:03pm
Originally posted by Billy Bluz Billy Bluz wrote:

Here's some negativity for "Mr TIMEOUT". Get it on paper if you play here!!!! Call one of the guys in the Jimmies,or Mayor Frank, or me. We can fill in the rest for you. This place sucks. A tight a$$ owner and an empower jacka$$ running the bar. But good luck to you. There is always a play for beer garage band looking for work. No on second thought , screw you. I hope your outa business in 3 months, ya fu*ks.
- Mangina Dec '08

Niiiiice ,

Billy

Well, interestingly enough, the powers that be at the Exec have finally seen fit to send their village idiot on to greener pastures after he pissed off nearly every band in town and tried to trade a hotel guest a beer for his deodorant.

http://www.courierpress.com/news/2009/feb/16/bizarre-events-surround-hotel-stay/ - http://www.courierpress.com/news/2009/feb/16/bizarre-events-surround-hotel-stay/

Alas, Mr Timeout is no more. . . . .

-------------

Posted By: Billy Bluz
Date Posted: Mar 19 2009 at 8:16pm
So. possibly all is right in the universe?

Billy

-------------
Gibson,Mesa,Marshall,Tone,Soul & Rock n' Roll

Date Posted: Mar 19 2009 at 8:29pm

So. possibly all is right in the universe?

Billy

Possibly, but it's my personal belief that the Exec will most likely be a parking lot by the end of the year anyway to make way for another venue for SMG to let stand empty.

-------------

Date Posted: Mar 27 2009 at 10:00am

- Mangina Dec '08

Niiiiice ,

Billy

Low integrity...LOL Love it!

Yep I sure did book the dates. New owner, new manager. If you knew me (which you don't) I've said all along I would go back when he was gone. And I was actually offered work there months before by the old manager. Which, just so you know, I turned down. Four months worth of dates actually. So save your lecture. We all have our reasons for doing business the way we do. And I didn't realize I needed to explain the inner workings of the business to a stranger.

BTW....they were outa business in three months, and we did bury them at FE every time we played. And other bands who DID book with him lost work.Wink So your point is what exactley?
And just for the record, we didn't call them back, they called us.

Welcome back K.C.

-------------

www.myspace.com/mcfly80s

Posted By: suprdave5150
Date Posted: Mar 30 2009 at 7:45am
  Good deal, Mike. Rock on!

-------------
Original Music RULES!!! Evansville,In

Posted By: PJ
Date Posted: Mar 30 2009 at 7:50am
 Thats some funny sh*t there. Why the hell is time out looking for live entertainment when they have ( or had) such an entertaining venue in place. If they were to put together an animated video of the Wilson couples "adventure" and play it on a big screen I would come see it. May even bring my keyboards! Who knows.

-------------
Just shut up and play it!!

Date Posted: Mar 30 2009 at 11:10am
  Now THAT would be funny...

-------------

www.myspace.com/mcfly80s

Posted By: jbak368
Date Posted: Apr 01 2009 at 3:45pm
Hi there. I am the manager for Canadian Customs. I am not interested in having them try-out to play your venue, but if you want to hear them to see if they fit your style, you can check out their sound at: myspace.com/canadiancustoms

-or-

you can pick their CD entitled The Unconquered Son, which is available at Best Buy stores nationwide, and at other quality music stores (such as GB's Records and PMAC stores).

Although the guys in the band are young (in college), their music has old soul. Their crowds are usually made up of 40+ers. You can check out their list of originals and covers on their band page at this site.

If you are looking to get this level of talent at a local bar band price, we may not be able to accommodate you, but I would be happy to discuss it.

I hope to hear from you either way.

Randy Baker
217-429-2001 (office during normal hours)
217-521-0055 (cell for weekends and evenings)

Posted By: sixstringsinger
Date Posted: Jul 15 2009 at 12:02am
Don't bring your guitars, bring sledgehammers!!!! How cool would it be to play the Time Out for the last time and then start demolishing the place at last call?

-------------
Music is the best thing in the whole world!!!!!

Posted By: Joe W. Smith Jr
Date Posted: Jul 23 2009 at 10:40am
Once again...

KARMA.

It's a bitch.

PHUCK MR. KHAN. That guy has the business acumen of a damp washcloth.

-------------
I am SOOOOOOOOOO much better than you. Seriously.

Posted By: Last Ditch Effort
Date Posted: Jul 27 2009 at 1:05pm

last ditch effort  avail..  blues  ,southern rock,, ,,allmans, b.b. king.. stevie ray vaughn.   delta blues  etc,,,,,,

Posted By: billthecat
Date Posted: Jul 27 2009 at 3:30pm
Originally posted by Last Ditch Effort Last Ditch Effort wrote:

last ditch effort  avail..  blues  ,southern rock,, ,,allmans, b.b. king.. stevie ray vaughn.   delta blues  etc,,,,,,

You did read that they're getting ready to bulldoze the place, right ?

-------------
"May your sh*t come to life and kiss you in the face"

- Frank Zappa -

Posted By: SIN-ical
Date Posted: Aug 06 2009 at 8:34pm

HEY TIME OUT WE'RE SIN-ic  BAND NAME: SIN-ical
  LATE 70'S TO TODAY'S  ROCK HITS
   HERE ARE A FEW COVERS WE DO.

YOU REALLY GOT ME-VAN HALEN
EVERYTHING BOUT YOU-UGLY KID JOE
BORN TO BE WILD-STEPPENWOLF
EVERY ROSE-POISON
WHEN I COME AROUND-GREENDAY
WATCHTOWER-JIMMI HENDRIX
DIRTY DEEDS-AC/DC
HAIR OF THE DOG-NAZARETH
COCAINE-ERIC CLAPTON
KNOCKIN ON HEAVENS DOOR-G-N-R
ROCKIN IN THE FREE WORLD-NEIL DIAMOND
CAT SCRATCH-TED NUGENT
LIVIN AFTER MIDNITE-JUDAS PRIEST
FADE TO BLACK-METALLICA
HONEY BEE-TOM PETTY
LIGHTNING CRASHES-LIVE
BATHROOM WALL-FASTER PUSSYCAT
NAME-GOO GOO DOLLS
PARANOID-BLACK SABBATH
18-ALICE COOPER
AIN'T TALKIN BOUT LOVE-VAN HALEN
GLYCERINE-BUSH
HERE WITHOUT YOU-3 DOORS DOWN
FALLS ON ME-FUEL
WASTED-DEF LEPPARD
FAR BEHIND-CANDLEBOX
USED TO LOVE HER-G-N-R
DECEMBER-COLLECTIVE SOUL
RUNAWAY TRAIN-SOUL ASYLUM
HOT BLOODED-FOREIGNER
HURTS SO GOOD-JOHN COUGAR
SUMMER OF 69'-BRYAN ADAMS
HOW YOU REMIND ME-NICKLEBACK
WHAT'S THIS LIFE FOR-CREED
SISTER-THE NIXONS
FLY ME COURAGOUS-DRIVIN N CRYIN
PUSH-MATCHBOX 20
WILD THING-THE TROGGS
SMOKIN IN THE BOYS ROOM-MOTLEY CRUE

JUST TO GIVE YOU AN IDEA, PLUS SO MANY MORE
BUT YOU WOULD BE READING SONGS OFF ALL DAY.

VENUE'S AND SHOW'S INCLUDE:
FUGLY'S-ROYALTON,IL
PERFECT SHOT-ENERGY,IL
RAMASSES-LAKE OF EGYPT
ARNOLD'S-ROYALTON,IL
STUDIO'S-DUQUOIN,IL
HURRICANE CREEK-CARTERVILLE,IL
LOOP HOLE,- W.F. IL
PAULY'S PUB-ENERGY,IL
THE RANCH-WILLIAMSON COUNTY CITY LIMITS
GATSBYS-C'DALE,IL
BREW CITY-BENTON,IL
PRETENDER'S-BENTON,IL
THE DEPOT-ANNA,IL
BOO JR'S-C,DALE,IL
THE OASIS-DAYTONA BCH,FL
HOLIDAY INN-MARION,IL
SALT PETRE CAVE-OPENEDED FOR NAZARETH
THE FULL MOON SALOON-DAYTONA BCH,FL
4 SEASONS-ANNA,IL
DAKOTA JOE'S-DAYTONA BCH,FL

THERE IS ABOUT 25-35 MORE SHOWS WE COULD
THROW IN AND, IF YOU NEEDED A COMPLETE LIST
WE WOULD PROVIDE YOU WITH ONE. WE WOULD JUST
LIKE TO GIVE YOU AN IDEA OF OUR PLAYING STATS
WE'RE A 4 MEMBER BAND.WE RECENTLY RELEASED
OUR FIRST FULL LENGHT 11 SONG L.P. OF
ORIGINALS THAT WE HAVE COMPOSED.
AND, ANXIOUS TO GIVEAWAY TO OUR FANS
AND, NEW FOUND PATRONS
WE PLAY A 100% PROFESSIONAL SHOW.
WE WOULD LIKE TO MAKE A BUISNESS
CONNECTION WITH YOUR ESTABLISHMENT.
SO YOU WILL WANT US BACK TIME
AND, TIME AGAIN EVERY SO OFTEN IF YOU DESIRE.
WE PLAY FOR THE CROWD AND THE VENUE OPERATOR'S
EVERY SHOW/VENUE WE WILL PROMOTE TO DEATH.
BUT, WE DO NOT PASS UP EXTRA PROMOTING FROM
ANY OUTSIDE SOURCE.
IN FACT WE EMBRACE IT. SO NOT TO TAKE UP
ANY MORE OF YOUR TIME TODAY. IF WE ARE
A BAND YOU MIGHT BE INTERESTED IN BOOKING
WE HAVE SOME SEPTEMBER DATES OPEN AND THE
MONTHS FOLLOWING.WE'RE CURRENTLY BOOKED UP
WITH RECEPTIONS AND A FEW VENUE SHOWS
FOR THE MONTH OF AUGUST.

FOR BOOKING INFO: CONTACT SIN-ical @
(618)922-1029 OR DROP US A LINE ON OUR
MYSPACE PG. http://www.MYSPACE.COM/SINICAL2008 - WWW.MYSPACE.COM/SINICAL2008
OR YOU CAN EMAIL US AT:
mailto:SINICALROCKS@YAHOO.COM - SINICALROCKS@YAHOO.COM
THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME AND PATIENCE.
WE APPRECIATE ANY ESTABLISHMENT KEEPING
THE MUSIC BUISNESS ALIVE: THANK YOU
          SIN-ical

ALSO IF YOUR ESTABLISHMENT IS AN ALL
ORIGINAL VENUE. WE CAN PLAY AN ALL
ORIGINAL SHOW.  al a rock band here is some of our info but, what other bands don't understand is that you cant hire someone for 400.00 or more just cause they say they are good here is our resume. thanks stay strong........

Date Posted: Aug 06 2009 at 9:28pm
Confused Tha Basscat said it all 
Originally posted by billthecat billthecat wrote:

Originally posted by Last Ditch Effort Last Ditch Effort wrote:

You did read that they're getting ready to bulldoze the place, right ?

Date Posted: Aug 07 2009 at 5:53pm
 NO I JUST ADDED THE COMMENT TO GET OUR NAME OUT MORE. PROBALLY WOULDN'T THINK ABOUT PLAYING THERE AFTER ALL THE COMMENTS WE BANDS NEED TO WATCH OUT FOR EACH OTHER ANOTHER PERSON WHO CALLS HISELF A PRODUCTION COMPANY IS FRONT ROW PRODUCTIONS SCAMM ARTIST TOMMY DONNAHOOO STAY AWAY FROM LOSER LATER SIN-ical

Date Posted: Aug 08 2009 at 4:27am
Just a suggestion but you might consider punctuation and the proper use of capital letters. Not trying to be a Richard Noggin or anything but your comment above is all but unreadable.

-------------

Date Posted: Aug 08 2009 at 1:23pm

IM NOT AT SCHOOL IM IN A BAND DONT REALLY CARE BOUT PUCT IF YOU CANT READ IT SORRY

FOR YOUR PROBLEM I WILL TRY TO MAKE MORE TIME TO MAKE IT CORRECT. I AM WRITING 24/7
SOMETMES I DONT LOOK UP TO DEE WHAT IVE WRITTEN

Date Posted: Aug 08 2009 at 2:28pm
you dont say ? 

Date Posted: Aug 09 2009 at 5:39am
Whatever floats your boat. It was just a suggestion. Spell check is your friend too.

-------------

Print Page | Close Window