Print Page | Close Window

Sound?

Printed From: Band Nut Local Bands
Category: General
Forum Name: Lounge
Forum Description: Talk about whatever is goin' on .General talk about everything. If it's not band or music related you should post it here.
URL: http://www.bandnut.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=78377
Printed Date: Jul 07 2020 at 9:29am

Topic: Sound?
Posted By: Gustavo Woltmann
Subject: Sound?
Date Posted: Jun 07 2016 at 7:33am
 How important is your sound or tone to you? I'm not a complete freak or tone hound but I knew that the sound that I was getting wasn't really what I wanted. I played a solid body with Dimarzio humbuckers for years and I was happy enough but I knew that I wanted something different. I fell in love with Gretsch Guitars years ago, Don't know why. I mean beside the fact that my first guitar was a Gretsch but not your typical Gretsch. It was a plank with humbuckers not a big ole hollowbody with single coils. When I decided ten years ago, or so, that I wanted to change things up I began looking at their new models and then their vintage stuff. Mainly because I am somewhat vintage myself and most of my gear is too. 

The first thing I did was save money and about 5 or 6 years ago I bought a new Fender Tube amp from GC, Thanks Freddy. I never knew what I was missing until I plugged it in and got the sparkle and chime from the tubes that you just don't get from a solid state amp, for the most part. I was happy for some time of course but those big ole hollowbodies kept calling my name.  Finally pulled the trigger recently and I am in tone heaven. MAINLY though I learned that your amp will change your sound more than anything. So know my chain of tools is Guitar-cord-Nocturne Dyno Brain Seltzer-Tuner-Amp. 

Print Page | Close Window