Topic ClosedLooking For bands

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
Author
TimeOutLounge View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Looking For bands
    Posted: Dec 10 2008 at 9:15pm
 Ok, Here is what's going on.   The Time Out Lounge Executive Inn Evansville is looking for new bands for Fri & Sat nights, also Sundays. Sundays we are looking for blues / classic rock type bands. Weekends we are looking for bands that appeal to a wide age group of people, our crowd consists of 40 + age group mostly. So no hard rock or strictly college rock bands.  Please PM me here with any Myspace or website that I can check your bnd out at. Also any local Evansville dates you are playing as I will try to come check your band out if my schedule permits. We have been doing new band tryout nights on Tuesdays, we provide a sound system and all you need is your stage gear. Their is no pay involved, you play a 40 minute set to let management listen to you and if we think you are what we are looking for your band will be rewarded with bookings. Please do not call The Executive Inn about booking your band, PM me here and I will respond as best I can. Management has changed at the Time Out so we are re-tooling the bands that play here and are willing to give bands a shot,  but please remember the age group at The Time Out 40 +.   Hope to hear from all the bands soon.

Thanks
Time Out Lounge
Sponsored Links

Big Toe View Drop Down
Band Member
Band Member

Band: Panacea
Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 11 2008 at 6:31am
We don't haul gear and play for free, but you can check the website to see what we do.

www.woodsboroband.com

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 11 2008 at 6:36am
 I  will check out your website and be in touch if we decide you are what we are looking for.

For the future please respond in the form of a PM, that way I will get email notification that I have a message..

Thank You For Your ResponseSmile
Richard Noggin View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 11 2008 at 8:47am

Before anybody gets too excited about this "opportunity", you might want to check out the thread on this site about "Beware the Exec-Timeout Lounge."

Sounds like this guy is just trying to get several nights of FREE ENTERTAINMENT during the weekAngry I mean, if he wants to hear how bands sound (and draws) he should go out and see them at their other gigs

Edited by Richard Noggin - Dec 11 2008 at 8:48am

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 11 2008 at 9:13am
 This is the exact type of negativity I've been waiting forLOL  The thing is this guy is working in the Time Out every weekend and has very little time to go see bands. Did get a chance to go to the Deerhead and check out Tommy Stillwell and big Jon's new band The soul crackers and they have been hired for a weekend in January. I did not say that all bands have got to do the tryout night, but if their are bands who would like to,  contact me. Problems have happened in the past and we are going at this fresh.  So Pm me here with your websites and I'll take a look. I'll even come to one of your shows if my schedule permits.

Thanks

Time Out Lounge
Mangina View Drop Down
Band Member
Band Member

Band: McFly!
Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 11 2008 at 11:01am
Here's some negativity for "Mr TIMEOUT". Get it on paper if you play here!!!! Call one of the guys in the Jimmies,or Mayor Frank, or me. We can fill in the rest for you. This place sucks. A tight a$$ owner and an empower jacka$$ running the bar. But good luck to you. There is always a play for beer garage band looking for work. No on second thought , screw you. I hope your outa business in 3 months, ya fu*ks.  Clap
"It takes a man to suffer ignorance and smile"

www.myspace.com/mcfly80s

paradiddle View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 11 2008 at 11:11am
what u mean free beer?last time we played there didnt even get discounts on pitchers! 

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 11 2008 at 11:18am
 Thank you for the response ManginaClap  All bands hired will be working from a contract to protect them and the Executive Inn.  So no more problems will arise from deals made in the past. as said we are starting fresh.  Everyone is entitled to an opinion so take the above comments however you like. We are still looking for more bands to get in the rotation or for tryout Tuesdays. 

Thank's
Time Out Lounge
giantdrummer View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 11 2008 at 11:59am
Originally posted by Mangina Mangina wrote:

Here's some negativity for "Mr TIMEOUT". Get it on paper if you play here!!!! Call one of the guys in the Jimmies,or Mayor Frank, or me. We can fill in the rest for you. This place sucks. A tight a$$ owner and an empower jacka$$ running the bar. But good luck to you. There is always a play for beer garage band looking for work. No on second thought , screw you. I hope your outa business in 3 months, ya fu*ks.  Clap

So does this mean that you're not sending him a link to your MySpace page?Embarrassed
"They can't see us, we're in the spirit world"
KevJonz View Drop Down
Band Member
Band Member

Band: bad penny
Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 11 2008 at 1:02pm
Mr Timeout,
Don't you have time to listen to a demo cd to make your determination to hire a band. It seems that IF your looking for entertainment of any quality at all your asking a bit much of those of us who are professionals to load gear, set up, and play for free.
If you think a cd might do....along with a written agreement of course.....my band might be intested. 
Richard Noggin View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 11 2008 at 1:27pm
Originally posted by KevJonz KevJonz wrote:

Mr Timeout,
Don't you have time to listen to a demo cd to make your determination to hire a band. It seems that IF your looking for entertainment of any quality at all your asking a bit much of those of us who are professionals to load gear, set up, and play for free.
If you think a cd might do....along with a written agreement of course.....my band might be intested. 

To be considered a professional, KevJonz, you have to be getting paid.  I still say Mr Timeout is only looking for bands to play for FREE on Tuesday nights.LOL
Mangina View Drop Down
Band Member
Band Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 11 2008 at 1:46pm
Originally posted by TimeOutLounge TimeOutLounge wrote:

Thank you for the response ManginaClap  All bands hired will be working from a contract to protect them and the Executive Inn.  So no more problems will arise from deals made in the past. as said we are starting fresh.  Everyone is entitled to an opinion so take the above comments however you like. We are still looking for more bands to get in the rotation or for tryout Tuesdays. 

Thank's
Time Out Lounge
]

Oh looky !!! Passive aggressive. (Mr. Timeout must be a chick)  Managment must have definatley changed Wink. BTW..I will be happy in knowing I will be burying your business in January with F.E. & Club Royal dates.

Edited by Mangina - Dec 12 2008 at 6:23am

www.myspace.com/mcfly80s

Mangina View Drop Down
Band Member
Band Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 11 2008 at 1:48pm
  Joe W Smith.....Where are you !?!

www.myspace.com/mcfly80s

Bass Ninja View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 11 2008 at 3:39pm

Thank's
Time Out Lounge

So just to be sure that I'm understanding this correctly, all of the talk that I've heard from more than one source about broken agreements, bands getting stiffed for as much as half of their pay, and other garden variety bar manager type poopoo is simply an "opinion", that or a mass hallucination being suffered by about a dozen or more local musicians that have been working clubs here ( including your place of employment) most likely longer than it's been since you were potty trained.

Mmmkay.

I thought John Pearson retired.

Let me know how you come out on that Tuesday night freebie thing.

Edited by Bass Ninja - Dec 11 2008 at 3:58pm
Smells like cat food and ass in here. . . .

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 11 2008 at 4:01pm
Originally posted by Bass Ninja Bass Ninja wrote:

Thank's
Time Out Lounge

So just to be sure that I'm understanding this correctly, all of the talk that I've heard from more than one source about broken agreements, bands getting stiffed for as much as half of their pay, and other garden variety bar manager type poopoo is simply an "opinion", that or a mass hallucination being suffered by about a dozen or more local musicians that have been working clubs here ( including your place of employment) most likely longer than it's been since you were potty trained.

Mmmkay.

Let me know how you come out on than Tuesday night freebie thing.

As I stated above you can read the comments and form your own opinion.  I never said this or that did or did not happen. I have had many bands respond wanting to play and some of these bands are very popular seasoned bands from the area. No everyone is not wanting to play tuesdays for free but that was never a requirement. Thanks for keeping this post at the top of the page.  And to those who have sent me messages thank youClap  I will be getting back to you in the near future.

Time Out Lounge

Edited by TimeOutLounge - Dec 11 2008 at 4:04pm
Bass Ninja View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 11 2008 at 9:14pm

Originally posted by Bass Ninja Bass Ninja wrote:

Thank's
Time Out Lounge

Mmmkay.

Let me know how you come out on than Tuesday night freebie thing.

As I stated above you can read the comments and form your own opinion.  I never said this or that did or did not happen. I have had many bands respond wanting to play and some of these bands are very popular seasoned bands from the area. No everyone is not wanting to play tuesdays for free but that was never a requirement. Thanks for keeping this post at the top of the page.  And to those who have sent me messages thank youClap  I will be getting back to you in the near future.

Time Out Lounge

From what I've been told by more than one band, there's no need to form an opinion.
They can't all be lying.
Smells like cat food and ass in here. . . .

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
  Share Topic