Topic ClosedUrine Test- if you pay taxes- please read

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
harrycox View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Urine Test- if you pay taxes- please read
    Posted: May 17 2009 at 12:28pm
 Urine Test -- This guy has a point!  This was written by a construction worker in Fort McMurray .  Read on . . .

I work, they pay me.  I pay my taxes, and the government distributes my taxes as it sees fit.  In order to earn that pay check, I work on a rig site for a Fort McMurray construction project.  At any time I am required to pass a random urine test, with which I have no problem.  HOWEVER, what I do have a problem with is the distribution of my taxes to people who don't have to pass a urine test.  Shouldn't one have to pass a urine test to get a welfare check because I have to pass one to earn it for them?    Understand - I have no problem with helping people get back on their feet. I do on the other hand have a problem with helping someone sit on their ass, drink beer and smoke dope.  Could you imagine how much money this country would save if people had to pass a urine test to get a public assistance check?  If you agree, please pass this along, or simply delete if you don't.  Hope you will pass it along though, because something has to change in this country.
Sponsored Links

Ultraslide View Drop Down
Band Member
Band Member

Band: the waywards
Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 17 2009 at 2:22pm
His logic is flawed in several ways. Not that I totally disagree with him but ...

1) If his employer piss tests him it is because he gave VOLUNTARY CONSENT to be piss tested. If he don't like it, find another job. Welcome to freedom, it works both ways.

2) He assumes all poor/unemployed people are lazy. Does he assume all wealthy/employed people are greedy? Of course not.

3) Can you imagine what out country would be like if we gave away to the government all our rights to privacy? Maybe then they'd piss test you without consent or cause, because they just felt like it. Or searched your home without cause because they felt like it. Protecting rights , means protecting EVERYONES rights, even people you consider to be lazy and inferior.

I find his opinion to be an easy over simplification. And really its because he can point the finger at someone else and say "its thier fault!."  Someday someone might point the finger at him and say its his fault. I would still stand up for his rights. Because freedom works both ways.

get it?

Edited by Ultraslide - Sep 17 2009 at 7:21pm
When all you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail.
Band Member
Band Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 17 2009 at 2:37pm
Could we support piss testing:

The military, the police, or all public employees ? and fire them if they fail?

His logic would lead me to say yes, he would support that. Would it be fair otherwise?

It's a slippery slope brother ...

(ps, why is this post in "humor")

Edited by Ultraslide - Sep 17 2009 at 7:22pm
mike46841 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 17 2009 at 7:44pm
The military, police and most public employees DO have to take piss tests and they DO get fired/kicked out if they fail.
"The secret to enjoying your job is to find a hobby that's worse"
Band Member
Band Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 17 2009 at 8:01pm
Originally posted by mike46841 mike46841 wrote:

The military, police and most public employees DO have to take piss tests and they DO get fired/kicked out if they fail.

Wow. I must live under a freakin' rock. I checked and sure enough the miltary does drug screening, although you aren't discharged on first offense. Some police piss test, some don't, sometimes only new hires and cops in drug and prostitution related enforcement are tested. Public employees are hit or miss. And of course your elected federal officials certainly are not piss tested unless by thier health insurance companies.

Color me surprised. I've been tested at most jobs as a hire screen by the insurance company but never subjected to truly random testing. WTF is wrong with this world?

The only reasonable casue for piss testing someone at random would if their job had severe safety implications. But I guess that includes cops and military. I'll need to think on this one ...

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic