Venues list

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
TIP64 View Drop Down
Band Member
Band Member

Band: Krank Kase
Musician: Drums
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TIP64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Venues list
    Posted: Jan 23 2013 at 1:36am

Well for the first time on here Illinois is leading the list on top venues.  Glad to say Krank Kase has helped with this some, Girl on Top did even more. I see so much on here about Indiana (Evansville) that itís nice to see the world is grown.  I'M not going to say it will stay that way, but hey, itís cool to see more listed under Illinois than Indiana and even Kentucky got on the list.Wink

I hope to have Cobetto's Tap on the list, should have more dates from them soon. the last time three new dates placed them on the list. Embarrassed  Keep in mind its based off of past shows and new. 

All in Good Fun

If music be the food of love, play on

Sponsored Links

Broken Silence View Drop Down
Band Member
Band Member

Band: Broken Silence
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Broken Silence Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 23 2013 at 4:59am
SmileKEEP IN MIND TIM, THAT MOST BANDS THAT PLAY THE EVANSVILLE MARKET AREN'T ON BAND-NUT, IF ALL WERE, THE INDIANA VENUE LIST WOULD BE HUGE!  BUT AS YOU STATED NICE TO SEE THE ILLINIOS BANDS MAKING A SPLASH ON THIS SITE, AND GIVING THE ILLINIOS VENUES SOME PLUGS. ROCK ON!!!!!Beer 
TIP64 View Drop Down
Band Member
Band Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TIP64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 24 2013 at 12:55am

Mosy bands around here are not as well, I have helped get a couple of the bands on here.  I just wished they posted the shows they are playingUnhappy

Still looks good, I had placed the link to this site on our web page pluss the news reader from the forums.  I think some of the newer bands in my area may have joined because of that.  I like to think so. 

suprdave5150 View Drop Down
Band Member
Band Member

Band: TDC / Top Dead Center
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote suprdave5150 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 24 2013 at 8:19am
  I'll post shows as soon as our Band gets their sh*t together again. The last few months have sucked. Unhappy
Original Music RULES!!! Evansville,In
TIP64 View Drop Down
Band Member
Band Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TIP64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 24 2013 at 8:41pm
  Yeah, cool

Band Member
Band Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Broken Silence Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 25 2013 at 12:23pm
ConfusedYOU KNOW THERE ARE ALOT OF BANDS I KNOW OF THAT ARE GIGGING QUITE OFTEN, AND ARE ON BANDNUT, BUT FOR SOME REASON DON'T UPDATE THEIR EVENT CALENDERS. GUESS THEY DON'T VIEW THIS SITE AS IMPORTANT AS SOME OF US DO......Shocked
doctormo View Drop Down
Band Member
Band Member

Band: retro shock
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doctormo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 25 2013 at 3:46pm
I noticed that, as well.  With the popularity of Facebook, I can see that this site is becoming less-useful.  Also, the user interface is outdated, klunky and doesn't always work as expected.

Most of our new gigs have been from word-of-mouth as well as Facebook comments.

I also think that some bands don't need to market themselves because they are "sure things" around this area.  I can't wait to get to the point where we don't have to call to beg for gigs.
Mr. Bandnut View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Bandnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 25 2013 at 4:51pm
Future updates I'm looking at a possibility of implementing a sync function to import or export a bands events, photos, videos, and music from other sites into bandnut. All sites don't have that capability, but Id like for BandNut to be a hub for all the bands connected media.

Also by request I'm going to start allowing the local venues to add music events. (with some restrictions ) because it seems many local bands are just lazy Tongue
TIP64 View Drop Down
Band Member
Band Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TIP64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 26 2013 at 5:27am

I guess what I like the most is the bots from area news and

entertainment sites pick up our shows from bandnut and place it on

their sites as well.  This helps on exposure.  I have linked this site hand

in hand to our own. 

Facebook as well is very much a part of our site.  The app was

and continues to be a great success.  Iím thinking of, god help me a

twitter account for the band.  I hate to tweet though.

I get reports often of someone downloading the sound bites from here

as well.  This site can be an effective Part of advertising. 

Band Member
Band Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Broken Silence Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 27 2013 at 10:18am
 DON'T KNOW THAT BANDS DON'T POST GIG'S AND KEEP THEIR CALENDER UPDATED BECAUSE THEIR LAZY, RATHER I THINK MOST BANDS THINK THAT THIS SITE IS LOOKED AT MOSTLY BY OTHER BANDS AND NOT VENUES. WE NEED TO GET THE VENUES MORE INVOLVED IN THIS SITE AND SHOW THEM HOW MUCH EASIER IT WOULD BE TO BOOK THEIR BANDS BY USING THIS SITE!!! Wink
tnvnl View Drop Down
Band Member
Band Member

Band: Ntruzion
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tnvnl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 27 2013 at 1:06pm
   The spam is making this site much less usable.  
I used to report it daily, even offered my services as a moderator to clean it up.... Nothing....
It's now down to some people updating their post several pages long, with no others even posting...
Just bumping.... Useless.

Edited by tnvnl - Jan 27 2013 at 1:08pm
Band Member
Band Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Broken Silence Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 27 2013 at 6:10pm
ClapMR. BANDNUT IS ON IT, TRYING TO TAKE CARE OF THE SPAM PROBLEM THAT IS! ALSO I'M SURE HE HAS A GOOD REASON FOR NOT HAVING TOO MANY MODERATORS, HAVING THE POWER TO MAKE CHANGES TO THIS SITE WOULD NOT BE A GOOD THING. EXCEPT FOR THE SPAM PROBLEM, I THINK THE SITE IS VERY GOOD, BUT THAT'S JUST MY OPINION!       

Edited by Broken Silence - Jan 27 2013 at 6:30pm
easyrider1340 View Drop Down
Band Member
Band Member

Band: Jagermeister presents.... SIXTYFOUREAST
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote easyrider1340 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 18 2013 at 2:51pm
Illinois' music scene is very strong - we do probably 80% of our shows in Illinois.

Originally posted by TIP64 TIP64 wrote:

Well for the first time on here Illinois is leading the list on top venues.  Glad to say Krank Kase has helped with this some, Girl on Top did even more. I see so much on here about Indiana (Evansville) that itís nice to see the world is grown.  I'M not going to say it will stay that way, but hey, itís cool to see more listed under Illinois than Indiana and even Kentucky got on the list.Wink

I hope to have Cobetto's Tap on the list, should have more dates from them soon. the last time three new dates placed them on the list. Embarrassed  Keep in mind its based off of past shows and new. 

All in Good Fun

Terry
Drums & Vocals
http://www.SixtyFourEast.com
TIP64 View Drop Down
Band Member
Band Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TIP64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 27 2013 at 5:40am
 Its been improving as well. 

radarwin1 View Drop Down

(I'm Looking for a Band)
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote radarwin1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 28 2013 at 6:32am
The reason that I (anyway) look at this site is to see who is out there looking to get in a band or looking for someone to get in their band. I'm not at a "band" point yet to post anything else.
TIP64 View Drop Down
Band Member
Band Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TIP64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 24 2014 at 2:47pm
I have gotten a few big events from having this on Bandnut.  I sometimes get busy in updateing the blog but I keep the schedule up to date.  There are 100 bands in my area none on bandnut.  Its cool seeing the history of Krank Kase on here.  How as a new band and new to the seen as a whole the bands growth.  The places we play the amount of times each month.  
I just don't know when or where it will all end up.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic